every day is a fun day!

Sweet Summer Happiness

Sweet Summer Happiness

Friday, May 30, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance









I probably should not be so casual about this. Afterall, it is a big milestone to have one's daughter graduate from preschool! Yet, the mind is scattered and in a general mood of once being overjoyed yet sad at the same time. It was not so longer ago that I too went through preschool graduation at Hong Kong City Hall. And it seems just like yesterday that Chloe was just a baby. So I can only manage some random notes on Chloe's preschool graduation day: Moms helped out to decorate the party space the night prior. Dads were dispatched to secure seats at All Souls at the crack of dawn. The sun was shining on the beautiful May morning. Major Giuliani sat amongst friends, family, grannies, caregivers. Moms cried. Hankies flew. Kids sang 'Give a Little Love'. The preschool director gave an individual description of each kid ('Chloe Alto had the most interesting lunches- lamb chops- and many many coats') And then my little girl marches with her class to 'Pomp and Circumstance'...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what, I do remember our preschool graduation at the City Hall. I believe we even gave a performance.

Chloe and Ines said...

Hey, I haven't checked my blog forever! I do remember we performed and were bricks. Ha ha ha ha ha!